"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's Pink Saturday!! Mike Flanagan...




And normally that is such a happy thing...but here in the Baltimore area and in the baseball world things are not so cheery this week:( In fact, since Wednesday we  have been in shock. We have been grieving. 


The Baltimore Orioles and the Baseball world have lost a  Beloved and Favorite Son, Mike Flanagan.
The 1979 Cy Young award winner was more than just a ball player, he was family. He was found on his property on Wednesday afternoon and we are all in shock. His fellow teammates and broadcasters are in tears as they speak about him and the articles written are nothing short of accolades. Mike was family. He was loved and respected by all. His untimely death is a shock and the fact that it is being said that he has committed suicide is a blow to all of us...Did he not know how we all loved, admired, and respected him? How could he think that anyone held him responsible for the teams decline? Could that really be it? They say there can be no way to reason these things...
All I know is that it is heartbreaking...no one around here is unaffected it seems...
There have been many things written but my favorite is this...

Tim Kurkjian: "No one made me laugh like Mike Flanagan. Tonight, he made me cry."

Below is a link to a video tribute that the orioles played after the first inning last night...the ever classy NY Yankees came out of their dugout and to a man, stood with caps in hand to watch and then applaud...It is short...after all the game must go on...


RIP Mike Flanagan... 
I wish you had known how much we loved you while you were here...I thought you did...



Mike was 59 and leaves behind a wife and 3 daughters.

I am sorry if this brought you pink ladies down...but this is to be a tribute and I did include some pink:)
Join Beverly @ howsweetthesound for some cheerier pink posts:)





6 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday! This was a very nice tribute! Rest in Peace Mike. Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Mike and to you Kim, have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Mike is now in peace...

    HPS to you....


    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this tribute on your fb Kim, but didn't know who you were talking about, now I know. Too young to be gone. I'm so sorry
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do the good ones always seem to go first?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is heartbreaking and tragic. I'm really sorry about his death.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...