"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, June 9, 2013

WOW! So busy!!!

Yep. that's me...things have been hectic around here to say the least...not so pretty...sigh...bummer...My real job, the one that I have had for a boatload of years...the one that I have driven to the same location to for almost 30 years, yes, that one...well we relocated...it was not easy, not something we looked forward to, and not something that we chose for ourselves...for our labs...we condensed 2 into 1 which is a smaller space than either of the previous two were...I will stop there...We now have a new lab manager...she is making a lot of changes...we are not young...I will stop there...We are a department of 7...3 of which are part time and we expect to at least double our work load...can you spell stress? 
This move was a very physical one! I have yet to get a new  sleeve! It is in the works...During all of this there have been medical issues... My Drs. appointments are now all across town instead of on campus...the list goes on...

I have a second, non paying job, which I feel has suffered...I am responsible locally for the Survivor committee here in MD...we have a meeting coming up this week. I will work on that agenda today. This computer's hard drive crashed and now this new one has nothing of my old stuff...sigh...
I am responsible nationally for 2 committees and thankfully I have able co chairs that have been very helpful and patient with me...I also lost all of my information pertaining to those...We have a meeting Monday...I will be working on that agenda momentarily...
I have a trip pertaining to those two and the greater steering committee in another week!

I have a new SUV!

Yes that is mine...and she is loaded...Some of you may not know, but I was VERY attached to my other SUV I did NOT want to give her up! I had her for 11 years and so I guess my husband had to talk me into this...the Oldsmobile Bravada was a sweet ride and I loved her...she was 3 years old when I bought her and I had her for 11 and so she served me well...In order to get what I had, I had to go a little smaller...and they did not have a pink one:( but she is Black amethyst and very pretty:)
So I am driving to a new place, in a new car, and using a new key code...an old dog learning new tricks...
A little dangerous if you ask me:)

I have been getting the book review posts that I have committed to up but that is about it...

So today is different! Today is a personal post:)
In other exciting news I have been accepted as an Avon Addict! 
25 of us were picked out of 100s of applicants and we will receive a cool package each month of books and things to spread the word about and review...that's a very short version but you get the idea...
I am very excited about this:)

That is the link to the post announcing us! So exciting...
Hey:) that's me:)

Anyway, I guess I should wrap this up as it seems that I am rambling...
Sooo,



5 comments:

  1. This is far better than the prediction that entirely gates would
    be open. Across many occasions, get to know where your
    cesspool is available.

    Also visit my web-site :: homepage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard! Only problem is, you are only going to get busier with all the books...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent web site. Plenty of usеful info here.
    I am sending it to sеveral palѕ anѕ additionally shaгing іn ԁelicіous.
    And of course, thаnk you to your еffoгt!

    My blog post sterydy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a ѵery gοod tіp рarticularly to thоѕe new to the blogoѕρhere.
    Simρle but very ρrесise informatiоn… Thank you
    for ѕharіng this one. A muѕt read ρost!


    Take a looκ аt my webѕіte; dieta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool about being an Avon Addict and your new sweet ride. Focus on those and the rest will take care of itself. (This is much easier to say than to accept, I know :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...