"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, September 15, 2013

By Request:)

So... some of you may have noticed that there hasn't been a whole lot of personal around here lately...well I had wanted to have this blog be a little bit of a book blog as well as a personal blog and so when that started to take off I sort of...well....let it take over for a while...Well...I have had a complaint...or maybe a little bit of an observation, actually...from my husband, of all people...lol...He came up one day recently and commented that he never sees anything personal on my blog anymore and that he misses it. He says he really isn't interested in the book blogging. And so here I am!
It has been an interesting summer..a rather eventful one...Not to complain....but work has really sucked! Enough about that..I am doing what I can to make sure that I do not continue to let that effect the rest of my life:) Perhaps this is a great step:) The family had a great time at Sunset Beach for vacation----->Love that place:)
I have taken on a leadership role on the Komen AIS Steering Committee and so that is keeping me busier than ever. I still have my other leadership positions locally and on the working groups. I never would have thought that this would come to be...in fact, never gave it a thought...but at the face to face I was approached by others to give it a whirl, and so here I am. 
I just returned from a trip to San Francisco to attend the ASCO Breast Cancer Symposium. I had a Komen sponsored scholarship through RAN. It was a great trip with a wonderful group of women, It did my soul good to be with them. I received a bracelet hand made from one of them:) So sweet!


A picture from the conference...lol...


I even took notes...well sort of...I may have even rediscovered my love of writing...while there...
clears throat...lol....
Now that I have returned home and recovered...sort of...from the after midnight arrival...and the rest of the work week...I have had a lovely restful weekend...full of baseball, college football, and regular football...I am, if not ready to return to work...at least resigned...

I will also have to return to agendas for meetings and the RFTC for MD is on October 20, 2013 and so things for my Survivor tent are gearing up! AHHHH....So I am going to be very busy..that is my mantra right now:) 

But, I made a commitment 18 years ago and I am keeping it! I am Pink I am a warrior!
Bring it on!






1 comment:

  1. You are doing such great things and I am happy to know you, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...