"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A TrulySimplyPink Happy New Year!

So as many of you know and others are about to find out...New Years is a dubious holiday around here...lol...New Years Eve is an anniversary for me. It was 19 years ago today that I found a lump while in the shower...and the rest, as they say, is history...I have told my story a few times here and that is not what this post is about...so that will not happen here...not this time...Let me just say that Chinese Food is no longer on the NYE menu in our house...lol...
Anyway, we have had a lovely holiday around here in Pinkville thus far:) I have been home from work since last Friday and the Bowl Games have been on the screen non stop. I love them! 
Christmas was a low key affair. My daughter is a grown up 21 and so we arise as we wish and leisurely open gifts and then have a breakfast casserole. This year we went tech for gifts. My husband and daughter were very good to me and I am the very spoiled owner of a brand new Galaxy Tab3 and  the rose gold Galaxy Gear watch!
I call it my Dick Tracy watch...lol...
But he also surprised me with a diamond and pink sapphire bracelet! I cannot complain! My daughter gifted me with a new pandora bracelet and Christmas charm. She also gave me an Alex and Ani stand up to cancer bracelet!
WOW! I told you that I was spoiled! 
We had a very nice visit with my family last Saturday as my sister was down from New York State:) 
This week I have kept it very low key. I have done some reflecting and a lot of thinking about 2013 and the coming year also.
So what about it!?! 
I have mentioned in a previous post that 2013 was a challenge at the workplace. That is a rather mild way to put it...
However, I have decided that I need to make some adjustment with regard to the situation...I have already taken one step and have spoken to my MD about that...
Now the rest is up to me...
So, I hear that the thing to do now a days is to pick a word for the year. I have chosen Positive to be my word...I am not generally known to be a negative person. I am known to be a usually funny good humored person, I think, but it is easy to be sucked into a negative atmosphere...and that is what I am after avoiding!
Sometimes that is hard to remember.
I am not making resolutions really. I just want to try to live a certain way...Perhaps a list of suggestions? I am very dedicated to the things in my life that are important to me. Sometimes too much so...I need to learn to limit myself and manage things so that I am not so easily overwhelmed. I believe that because of that feeling some of the things that are important to me were becoming a burden.
Perhaps I need to prioritize or cut back a little. This needs work. 
I may need to revisit this post in the future and spruce it up...
I think I may be talking a few lifestyle changes here.
I have already gotten a few needlework patterns with the intention of getting back to a hobby I used to enjoy very much before the advocacy bug bit me:)
 But, enough for now...
Here's to 19 years...

free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com








1 comment:

  1. Positive is a great word! I hope that work is better for you this year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...