"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, January 22, 2012

What to do, What to do...


OMG! this is so me...Ask anyone in my family...they warned my husband before we were married not to try to talk to me in the morning, but he didn't listen...

All I can say is, it is a darn good thing that I have a half hour ride in to work or there would be no talking to me when I got there...and we do a lot of our most important stuff first thing in the morning...I mean 0700 first thing in the morning...sigh...

I try to get enough sleep and over the years that has been a real priority, but now I just don't want the job to dominate my life, and I feel that is what it does if I go to bed early all week just to be able to wake up and go to work again...and this was my life for years...trouble is when I don't, I am exhausted by the end of the week...sigh...
But there is life outside of the Embryology lab...and I like that life...


And then there is my "other job" I spend perhaps as much, if not more time, on my Breast Cancer activities...a labor of love for sure! My passion! I have done more and been more places and met such lovely people in the name of this cause...


And of course, there is family...Hubby isn't in this shot, but you get the idea...

And there is my blogging, book blogging, etc...
I just love this stuff...and Facebook, etc...


So I know I need more sleep, but if I do that, just when am I supposed to enjoy all of these other things???? It is truly a dilemma...
So...


How do all of you handle it?


Oh and...

GO RAVENS!!!!!
AFC Championship
As always, linking up with
For Pink Saturday

9 comments:

  1. hi There, I have had a heads up that someone had trouble commenting... so this is a test comment. I did not have trouble...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I ove coffee, in fact I often use the same image you have for this saying on my own blog. I seldom sleep as I am an incurable insomniac. I enrolled in a doctoral program a yeat ago May and will hopefully complete Dec 2012- to early Spring 2013...

    Stop over for a visit.

    May you have a blessed PINK weekend.

    Valrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valrie, thanks so much for stopping by my little pink place...I sure know i need more sleep than I get.

      Delete
  3. Well here I am. You didn't have a problem?? I couldn't even find the comment button... no problem now Kim. No problem.
    I hear you with the morning thing. I've NEVER been a morning person and NEVER will, I don't think.
    I take drugs to sleep, can't do it on my own. It's been 6 yrs. now. They say it will come back, but I'm loosing faith. I get 10 to 12 hrs. a night and some times 2. It all depends on whats on my mind or if I have to get to in the morning. I never book morning appointments EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just have to do what makes you happy! Do what you enjoy and it will give you all the energy you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your site! It has meaning! :D New follower from hotsavinmama.com I would love for you to check out my site to. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks so much for visiting! I am going to stop by your place Right now:)

      Delete
  6. I wish I had time to do everything I wanted and needed to do and still have time to sleep, but it seems it's always a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacey, That's the truth isn't it...and the longer i keep going the more exhausted I get...sigh...and sometimes it really catches up with me...Say Hi to your little blogger assistant for me:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...