"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sunday, March 3, 2013

Double Book Review!!

Two Great books Two Great Reviews!!


Here is my first book cover:) 

She's always been off-limits...

Former Army Special Forces Sgt. Marco Vieri has never thought of Alyssa Scott as more than his best friend's little sister, but her return home changes that...and challenges him to keep his war-borne demons at bay. Marco's not the same person he was back when he protected Alyssa from her abusive father, and he's not about to let her see the mess he's become.

...but now she's all grown up.

When Alyssa takes a job at the bar where Marco works, her carefree smiles wreak havoc on his resolve to bury his feelings. How can he protect her when he can't stop thinking about her in his bed? But Alyssa's not looking for protection—not anymore. Now that she's back in his life, she’s determined to heal her forbidden hero, one touch at a time...

So that was the synopsis from goodreads...and here is my review from same...


Wow! I cannot say enough about this book…the characters grab you and hold onto your heart right from the beginning…I felt for Marco and routed for Alyssa and even the background characters are a perfect blend! I will go on to read Brady's story but I sure hope I get to see more of these two while I'm there! I hate to give them up…Ms Kaye has a gem on her hands, don't miss this one!

And now for the next one...


He wants just one night…

After growing up with an abusive, alcoholic father, Army Special Forces Sgt. Brady Scott vowed never to marry or have kids. Sent stateside to get his head on straight—and his anger in check—Brady’s looking for a distraction. He finds it in his beautiful new neighbor’s one-night-only offer for hot sex, but her ability to make him forget is addictive. Suddenly, Brady’s not so sure he can stay away.

…what they need is each other.
Orphaned as a child, community center director Joss Daniels swore she’d never put herself in a position to be left behind again, but she can’t deny herself one sizzling night with the sexy soldier who makes her laugh and kisses her senseless. When Joss discovers she’s pregnant, Brady’s rejection leaves her feeling abandoned. Now, they must overcome their fears before they lose the love and security they’ve found in each other, but can they let go of the past to create a future together?

That was the Goodreads synopsis...This is my review:)



Well! One night… Kind of turned into a few more but for our tortured hero and his one night stand… well, let's just say things did not go as planned and leave it as that. While I found myself totally swept away by Marco and Alyssa and I found myself looking for glimpses of them everywhere within this story, I wasn't quite as moved by Brady and Joss. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved them and pulled for them the entire time… I just think I had a hard time personally, with some of the love ,em and leave ,em treatment that Joss kept receiving… However,Brady won me over and I did ultimately really enjoy the story.
Ms Kaye is a genius with the banter and fun dialogue between a man and a woman and also friends… really just people in general. As usual a wonderful read from Laura Kaye! Pick this one up!

So that's it:)
Two great reads! One great author! 

Laura Kaye!


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com


free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...