"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, February 27, 2015

The Brother's Keeper

Adobe Photoshop PDFPublisher:  RidgeRoute Press (November 17, 2014) Category: International Suspense, Mystery/Thriller ISBN: 9780991401734 Tour Date: January/February, 2015 Available in: Print & ebook, 314 Pages A friend's deception. A family's dilemma. While cataloguing looted antiquities in Brussels, archaeologist Grace Madison discovers that her daughter has vanished in France, and her son's bride has been attacked in Switzerland. After the Madisons unearth a relic whose taproot pierces the Ancient Near East, they realize that before they can save themselves, they must rescue an old friend. If he'll let them.  They sacrifice hearts and lives in a race against eternity on a four-thousand-year-old trail crossing three continents. Because choosing what's right is all that's left.

Praise for When Camels Fly (Parched Series Book I):

"Page-turning international suspense--this writer is on her way up."-DiAnn Mills, Christie Award winning author "An exciting novel of suspense, intrigue, and mystery. Very nicely done."-Paul Johnson, Readers' Favorites  "It's obvious from the writing that the author has spent time here."-Ellis Shuman, Times of Israel "The book was fantastic, and nearly impossible to set down. Highly recommended."-Kathryn Bennett, Readers' Favorites  "A unique, totally out in left field, never been told story. I love that."-Every Free Chance Blog

Advance Praise for My Brothers Keepers:

"The Brothers' Keepers, book 2 in the Parched series, delivers masterful international suspense driven by contemporary family dynamics. Light the late-night oil because you won't want to put this book down."-DiAnn Mills, Christy Award Winner "I thought Horton peaked with her first novel, When Camels Fly. I'll admit, I was wrong. The Brothers' Keepers is magnificent! The main characters from her first novel are beautifully developed in this sequel. This is a more accessible novel than When Camels Fly mainly because of the location -- Europe. She incorporates the history of the places her characters visit, and she weaves an incredibly feasible story around these events. The story is as complex as When Camels Fly, a good thing that requires close reading, but it is well worth the effort. I highly recommend reading When Camels Fly before this one and continuing journeying with the Madison family!-Leigh Bennett, Reader "I am once again became enthralled by the exploits of an intelligent, older woman and her family whom I first got to meet in When Camels Fly. It's so rare to find a heroine that the more mature amongst us can relate to on some level. I look forward to learning more about Grace, Mark, Maggie, Jeff and Becca as they become embroiled in yet another adventure after Maggie goes missing and an attempt is apparently made on Becca's life whilst she and Jeff are honeymooning in Switzerland."-Anne Rogers, Reader

About NLB Horton:

Winner of  'A People's Chioce Award' in fiction, NLB Horton returned to writing fiction after an award-winning career in journalism and marketing as well as earning her Masters of Biblical Studies degree from Dallas Theological Seminary. She has surveyed Israeli and Jordanian archaeological digs, tossed a tarantula from her skiff into the Amazon after training with an Incan shaman, driven uneventfully through Rome, and consumed gallons of afternoon tea while traveling across five continents.

OK, so all of that stuff above is what was sent to me...all of what is to come is all me...I have to tell you that this subject matter is right up my alley! SO when I was approached by this author to do this tour, I just about jumped at the chance...and i am so glad that I did! I just love these books.

I was told, that it is best to read these books in order, so I am...and as any of you that read this blog, know, when I write that is...you all know that I am very busy...and so you have to know that I am so not finished yet...that means that in order to give you an honest review I have to finish both of them. But not to fear. I can tell you that without a doubt You must read these books! If you have any interest in action, archaeology and all the rest...Go. hurry. buy. them. and read...you will not regret it:) Oh and Brother's Keeper will satisfy the traveler in you too!

Sigh..Just perfect!

Even if the cover isn't Pink...


Buy links:The Brother's Keeper
                   When Camels Fly





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you're enjoying the books, Kimberly! And I appreciate you posting enthusiastically even though you're not quite finished.

    I look forward to hearing your thoughts once you complete When Camels Fly and The Brothers' Keepers—and will see if we can work a little pink into the cover of the next book, scheduled to release in January of 2016.

    Thank you again,
    NLBH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...