"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pink Saturday...

And after working the last two, I sure am happy to have this one off. Even if I did wake up with a hell of a migraine...sigh...Oh well...I was supposed to attend the Survivorship day put on by both Hopkins and Komen MD...That did not happen...Some guilt there...as I was going to be a team player as I am an advocate/volunteer for both...Don't worry, I shot off an email...

So, after going through my anti migraine regimen and getting some more sleep things began to calm down...and here I am...blogging...Have not done that in a while... 
There have been some changes in my life.
The big one I guess, would be on the breast cancer front. This will be the first year in many that I am NOT the chair of the Survivor Tent for Komen Maryland. That was a labor of love for over 13 years with a short break for a 2 year stint for Race chair. I was on other race committees before that but the survivor tent was my baby.
Here we are setting up the day before the race last year...
However, as our race was upwards of 35,000 people at one point, it is/was a lot of work and a lot of stress...I have left this love of my life in capable hands.
But have no fear. I have not given up the fight. You see, there was always the other advocate activities that had me so busy also. I am still working with Komen MD and Johns Hopkins. The TBCRC, and the other organizations also... I am the co chair of the Advocates in Science steering committee for Susan G Komen and that keeps me very busy.
In fact, I think perhaps some day I will do a series of posts dedicated to the "work" that I do so that you all will understand...As it is this post is getting a little long winded.


So then the real/ paying job has been a big drain lately...No matter how much you love what you do...there are times that are intensely challenging and this is one of them...enough said...Oh...that picture? That is a very nice human blastocyst...All in a days 
work:)

So I think that is enough for today! More than enough actually...how have you been? What's new? I hope to be around more now...we will see, won't we?
Anyway...
Here is a little pink just for fun...




Seems like good advice!



Pink Saturday

1 comment:

  1. A very worthwhile cause that needs more research and attention. Trust you will be having much better days ahead,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...