"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Calgon, take me away...


Hi There,

I thought maybe I'd take a few minutes before preparing for bed to blog a little with the hope that maybe I could work off a little stress. Nothing new really. I have to travel to another, bigger lab tomorrow in order to be cleared on a new procedure. I am a little nervous about it just because it is a new lab and I was only there once and that was 3 years ago. I am told that the microscope is different...I have been trying to set this up since last Sunday and today was a study in frustration as I waited all day to find out if I would even be going over there tomorrow, I actually found out after I got home from work..I tell myself to relax, I have faced worse situations than this, just chill...I am mellowing out a little at work, but the main cause of my strife has been off this week and I am off next week.

I am off next week in order that we may get my little one ready to go away to school. I am excited for her, but she is not happy about the fact that she did not get anything that she asked for as far as housing goes so now she is bummed and the excitement isn't there any more...I feel bad for her.

She was so excited about going to Coastal Carolina University and now she is pouting...Maybe she'll get into it next week as we pack.

I had a meeting tonight, I chair the survivor committee for the Maryland Affiliate of the Susan G Komen for the Cure and our race is in October so we had our monthly meeting tonight...A little stress involved there, but the survivor tent is my crowning acheivment on race day, and it all seems to come together somehow.

Right now I also have 18 scientific breast cancer grant proposals in my possession that I am responsible for reviewing...due in 2 weeks...not to mention the ...

OK I am seeing the pattern here...

Calgon, take me away!

Stay Pink



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...