"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, January 31, 2011

Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton

I'm trying something a little different tonight, this post is part of one of my reading challenges for this year...



The book title is listed above...this book is actually one of a sub genre of a type called cozy mysteries...I have pretty much just discovered them recently, and I a have covered a lot of ground recently! I love them.

This one is the sixth in a series, that I actually read first, so now I will have to go back and read the rest...The series features a CPA, caffeine addict, and beginning knitter named Kelly Flynne. This one is set during the Christmas season and apparently  Kelly has promised her friends to stay away from sleuthing for a while after narrowly escaping injury in the past...The setting is a lovely town and Kelly and her friends take on the local teenager and the Christmas play while trying to solve the mystery of who might be the hit and run driver that killed the local librarian. Could it really be Claudia? The woman is well liked, but her former stepdaughter is determined to prove that Claudia was responsible for her last husband's death and so the pot thickens...

This was a very enjoyable read as Kelly and her friends celebrate the season and Maggie Sefton manages to keep us guessing as she infuses the story with good humor and friendship, romance and good odl fashioned hometown Christmas.

Enjoy and Stay Pink!

3 comments:

  1. What exactly is a cozy mystery? I'm unclear about it.

    Have you ever read Clive Cussler? I really like his writing and am looking for an author who is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your comment on bodacious boomer's blog. Our dog Lulu (a Cairn Terrier who has gone to Doggie Heaven) used to be a *trasher*. Let me just say that you MUST nip that behavior in the bud IMMEDIATELY! She gave us misery for 15 years & we always had to keep the trash cans on the counters. It was miserable! If I'd only punished her like I did when she ate my new Sesto Meucci sandals, she would have been perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've given you an award, stop over to my page to grab it and follow the acceptance criteria!!!

    http://marvimarti.com/2011/02/03/i-am-a-proud-memetastic/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...