"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Friday, February 4, 2011

It has begun!!! With the Coffee House Mysteries!! by Cleo Coyle!

So, some of you may remember that I joined this reading challenge back in December! So far not much work has gone into this, what with my busy advocacy life and all, but it has begun...and shall continue...I really REALLY...love the coffee house mysteries by Cleo Coyle and they fall right into this category...I am going to just post the blurb from her site here on the first book because a review by me is not a requisite part of this challenge...just a list...and besides..the virtual coffeehouse is such a fun place to be and I shall send you there in a minute too!
The first book in this delightful series is titled "On What Grounds" and the name of our coffee house is The Village Blend. "The perfect cup of coffee is a mystifying thing. To many of my customers, the entire process seems like some sort of alchemy they dare not try at home...."

Ten years ago, Clare Cosi left an unhappy marriage along with a job she loved: managing the historic Village Blend coffeehouse in New York’s Greenwich Village. For a decade, she was happy raising her daughter in the quiet suburbs of New Jersey; but now that Joy is grown and gone, life has gotten way too quiet for Clare.
     With a little cajoling from Madame, the Blend’s flamboyant, elderly owner (not to mention a persuasive pot of Jamaica Blue Mountain), Clare agrees to return to her old job—and right from the start she gets one heck of a jolt.
     On her first morning back as Village Blend manager, Clare unlocks the front door to find her beautiful, young assistant manager, Anabelle Hart, unconscious in the back of the store, coffee grounds strewn everywhere.
     As Anabelle is rushed to the hospital, police arrive to investigate, but Detective Mike Quinn finds no sign of forced entry or foul play, and he deems it an accident. Clare disagrees; and after Quinn leaves, there are a few questions she just can’t get out of her mind, like why was the trash bin in the wrong place? If this wasn’t an accident, are her other baristas in danger? And are all NYPD detectives this attractive?  Ok, that was the write up now, this is the link to the virtual coffee house...enjoy...TheVillageBlend




So the first book on my list while Crusin' thru the Cozies is...Drum roll please...
1. On what Grounds by Cleo Colye

I will be adding to this post or at least changing it as I read through the series...

Stay Pink!

3 comments:

  1. YOU SWEETIE, YOU! Thank you, Kimberly (pinkim), for the kind shout-out. I sincerely appreciate it. Wishing you java joy always...

    ~ Cleo Coffeehouse Mystery.com
    Cleo Coyle on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This sounds so good. I love the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I wish I had time to sit and read right now. I'm looking forward to getting back to it after the rodeo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...