"I BELIEVE IN PINK! I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."— Audrey Hepburn

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Every night, friends. You have done what you could. Let it go.

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


Monday, February 28, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Only you can make me wear a pink ribbon even when it doesn't go with my outfit at all
OK, So how does the rest of the song go?? Well, however it goes...it does not apply here today...See that card up there ^ ...I found that in an envelope at my place this morning...My daughter had gotten the mail already...I slept late today! Already a good beginning to the day! I am off. I worked the weekend...The card had been in the mailbox...sent to me by my husband...Isn't it cute? What a guy! It is a great day to receive the card because I am planning to send out my email asking my committee members of last year if they intend to join me again this year in our endeavor to make this year our best year yet...We are the Survivor Committee for the Maryland Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 2011. It will be held this year on Sunday, October 23, 2011. All are welcome! We usually have upwards of 35,000 participants, at least 2000 of which are survivors. It is the job of my committee to make sure it is a very special day for every one of them...Last year we outdid ourselves...this year we will do that again...It is time to begin...

My Husband did not even know this when he mailed that card! How perfect is that!?! Before you ask..No, this does not routinely happen, making this an even better surprise...

So Happy Monday! Stay Pink! I have an email to compose...Any ideas? We have to come up for a theme for our tent...Pinkim! (no that is not a theme, that is a sign off)

Oh, here is a shot of our tent last year!
Prior to all the action...

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the card!! Come visit my blog and see what I made for my SIL! She has lost 2 sisters and her mother to breast cancer..... YUCK!

    The American Cancer Society is the only organization that Mr. Inspiring and I donate to. We've just lost TOO MANY loved ones to cancer.

    I'm your newest follower and will come back often!

    Congrats on 16 years!!

    Hugs ~~ Suz
    www.inspiringcreativeness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI~I GO EVERY YEAR FOR MY MAMMOGRAM :) I FEEL SOOO STRONGLY ABOUT SOOO MANY WOMEN LOSING THEIR LIVES OVER THIS TERRIBLE ILLNESS!! MY DAUGHTER HELD THE WALK IN HER COLLAGE, SHE HAD ALL THE GIRLS ADD THE PERSON NAME TO THEIR PINK TEE SHIRTS OF A LOVE ONE WHO EITHER WAS OR IS SUFFERING OR EVER LOST THE FIGHT OVER IT!!!

    CONGRATS ON 16 YEARS!!!

    XOX~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  3. luvly to meet you, pinkim!
    thx for the visit at FHC
    & taking time to chat !
    i'm delited to introduce you to Anne !
    and will look fwd to hearing your response ")
    Welcome to the FHC Friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very special card! So nice to stop by!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my Little Pink Blog:) It looks like I now have the ability to reply to your comments! YAY! So I hope you check to see if I have left you a reply, because I always read your comments. They really tickle me...Pink of course...